1. GENERAL MATTERS
Scope of Policy
This Policy only applies to this Site and does not apply to other companies'
or organizations' web sites to which we link. You should carefully review
the privacy policies of those web sites in order to determine how they treat
your personal information.
2. COLLECTION OF VISITOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sloppy Kiss Cards does not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information. Personally identifiable information may include a visitor's name, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, credit card number, etc. ("Personal Information"). You will be asked to disclose Personal Information if (i) you send an ecard, (ii) you purchase products, services, subscriptions, or memberships ("Products and Services"), or (iii) if you elect to participate in any sweepstakes or surveys we offer from time to time.
Personal information collected may be transferred and shared in the event that the business is sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized, or otherwise transferred. Other than these cases and the disclosure exceptions outlined in section (6), we will not divulge any of this information to any third party now or at any time in the future without first asking for your permission.
3. OPT-IN / OPT-OUT
Opt-In. If you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us, or OPT-IN to receive communications from us, Sloppy Kiss Cards may use your Personal Information to fulfill memberships, subscriptions, product orders and to answer questions. We may also use Personal Information to let you know about upcoming offers, products and services about which you may be interested. Emails you may receive from us include:
- Email Newsletters: Approximately once a month we will send you an email detailing new ecard releases and new features of our web site.
- Card Notifications: When you order any ecards from our consumer site, we will email you to tell you when the ecards have been sent, and also when they are picked up by the recipients.
- Administrative and help emails: we will of course reply to your help requests, and we may send you miscellaneous administrative correspondence - password reminders, confirmation of payment, and so on.
Opt-Out. When you register for a membership on the Site, you will
automatically Opt-In to receive our exclusive Sloppy Kiss Cards Newsletter,
which alerts you to new features, content and services available on our
Site. If you do not wish to receive the Newsletter, you may Opt-Out by unchecking
the pre-checked box on the membership registration page. Alternatively, you can follow the opt-out instructions at the bottom
of the email newsletter. Opt-Out requests will be honored as soon as possible
after receipt, however, please allow five to seven days for processing.
4. COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL AGGREGATE DATA
We gather non personally identifiable information ("Aggregate Data")
with respect to our visitors' use of the Site. This information helps us
determine the extent to which our visitors use certain parts of our Site,
including which ecards are being sent, which, in turn, enables us to make
it as appealing as possible. For example, if a large number of users are
sending a specific ecard then we will use that info to determine what types
of ecards we should create more of.
5. COOKIES AND IP ADDRESSES
How Can I Disable Cookies? Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can reset your browser to notify you when you've received a cookie or, alternatively, to refuse to accept cookies. It is important to note that you may not be able to use certain features on the Site if you choose not to accept cookies, such as My Account, address book, and card history. You may also have difficulty creating and sending ecards.
IP Addresses. We collect and analyze traffic on our Site by keeping track of the IP addresses of our visitors. IP addresses are unique numeric identifiers that are assigned to each computer browser accessing the Internet. An IP address, by itself, cannot identify you personally. However, when combined with other information provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your IP address can be used to identify the computer originating a message.
SLOPPY KISS CARDS INCLUDES THE SENDER IP ADDRESS IN THE HEADER INFORMATION
OF EACH ECARDS NOTIFICATION E-MAIL IT SENDS. IT IS AVAILABLE TO THE ECARDS
RECIPIENT AND ANYONE ELSE WHO IS FORWARDED THE NOTIFICATION E-MAIL. THIS
LIMITS YOUR ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE ANONYMOUSLY USING ELECTRONIC CARDS. ELECTRONIC
CARDS ARE NEITHER INTENDED NOR APPROPRIATE FOR ANONYMOUS COMMUNICATIONS,
AND SUCH ACTIVITY IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED BY OUR TERMS OF SERVICE.
6. PRIVACY OF ECARD INFORMATION
We treat all of our ecards products as private correspondence between the sender and the recipient and will not disclose the contents of any card other than to the intended recipient, except under the specific situations outlined in Disclosure Exceptions, below. Under normal circumstances, we will not monitor or edit the contents of the ecards you send. On occasion, however, we may need to view your message in connection with the technical processing of your ecard or the maintenance of our network. Also, if you ask one of our customer service representatives to help you send an ecard or to verify that an ecard was sent, that representative will be able to access all information about the ecard, including the recipient's e-mail address and the message.
List and Campaign Information: When you upload or create an email distribution list or put together an Ecard Campaign with the Sloppy Kiss Cards Business Service, we have access to the data on your list and the information in your campaign.
Your Distribution Lists: Your recipient lists are stored on a secure Sloppy Kiss Cards server. We do not, under any circumstances, steal your lists, contact people on your lists, market to people on your lists, sell your lists, or share your lists with any other party, except as required by law or, regarding contacting, except in response to a complaint or other communication directly from an individual on one of your lists. Only carefully selected, authorized personnel have access to view Distribution Lists.
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information and/or information in your Distribution Lists if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary including, without limitation:
- To help enforce compliance with our Terms of Service and applicable law including, but not limited to, helping to create white lists and black lists, to develop and test algorithms, heuristics and other methods and tools for detecting violations, and to apply those methods and tools.
- To bill and collect sums owed to us.
- To protect the rights, property and safety of us and our employees, Members, owners, officers and others.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the services we offer including adding features and providing benchmarking and other comparison information based on aggregating and analyzing data.
- To provide information received hereunder to representatives and advisors such as attorneys and accountants to help us comply with legal and other requirements.
- To provide customer support and obtain feedback about our Services, but only for and from the Member whose Personal Information and User Data are being used.
- To investigate reports of visitors sending material using a false e-mail address or sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages.
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site and/or service.
- To investigate reports of credit card fraud or unauthorized use; or
- During emergencies, such as when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk.
Shopping with us is safe. Your order information is sent to us through
a "secure session" established with Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
This technology encrypts, or scrambles, your account information before
it is sent to us, making it virtually impossible for anyone other than our
authorized staff and our servers to read it. We protect all customer data
against unauthorized access. We use secure technology, privacy protection
controls and restrictions on employee access, to safeguard your personal
8. CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Editing Your Profile. If you are a registered Sloppy Kiss Cards Member, you have the ability to review and correct your Personal Information at any time. Simply sign into the Site and visit the account section and update your account details. There, you can change your address information, e-mail address, password, cancel your membership and update other account preferences and information.
If you have any questions regarding this Agreement please contact us.